DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS Job Openings Remote Online For IT Specialist [End Date Dec 29, 2023]
Important Updates: The date of this announcement’s closure is December 29, 2023.
January 20, 2023, OR the moment the first 100 applications are received, whichever comes first, is the deadline.
Not every application may be given consideration because of the possibility of a large number of submissions.
Applications will be evaluated in dates ordered by increments of 100 after the first cut-off period, upon receipt of further requests to fill vacancies.
Job Openings Remote Online For IT Specialist 2023 Overview
|Organization||DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS|
|Post Name||IT Specialist|
|Pay Scale & Grade||GS 14|
|Application Opening Date||Jan 13, 2023, 11:59:00 PM|
|Application End Date||Dec 29, 2023, 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary Range||$99,908 – $129,878 per year|
|Work Schedule||Full Time|
|Job Location||Anywhere in the U.S. (Remote Job)|
|Telework Eligible||Not applicable, this is a remote position|
|Relocation Expenses Reimbursed||No|
|Travel Required||Occasional Travel – You may be expected to travel for this position|
Salary Range: $99,908 – $129,878 per year
The GS base rate is reflected in the wage range that is provided (without including locale). The location will be taken into account when determining the remuneration.
- Work Schedule: Monday: Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Duty Location Status: Will work remotely from home location
- Post Name/ Position Description Title/ PD#: IT Specialist/ PD18520A
- Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available with supervisory approval
- Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Responsibilities and Duties
Most of the work is sedentary. The incumbent needs to be adaptable and versatile in order to negotiate and defend positions concerning highly contentious subjects.
It could be necessary to put in long hours and other unpleasant work to finish urgent and sensitive tasks.
What Are Seeking
People who are enthusiastic about developing technology and supporting the goals of the VA. The Organization is seeking qualified technologists with any of the following backgrounds:
- Data Science & Strategy
- Product Management
- Software Engineering
- Design & UX
Requirements & Conditions of Employment
- To apply for this position, you must be a citizen of the United States.
- Upon selection, you will be subject to a background and suitability investigation.
- You may also be required to submit to random or designated drug testing.
- If you are chosen for the position, you may have to serve a probationary period.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must register for selective service.
- You must submit the complete application package, including your resume and transcripts, as specified by the job announcement.
- The online onboarding process will be necessary for all Department of Veterans Affairs HCPs.
- Before being appointed, all candidates who are provisionally chosen for VA employment in a testing-designated role must submit to a urinalysis to be checked for drug use.
- VA employment applications that refuse to take the test will not be accepted.
English proficiency in both writing and speaking is required.
- A physical examination prior to employment might be necessary.
Experience must be relevant to IT; it can be proven through paid or unpaid work experience, as well as the successful completion of specialized, in-depth training (such as an IT certification), if necessary.
Note: For the GS-14 level, there is no substitute or requirement for education.
Essential Document Requirements
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
- Other (1)
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Duties and Responsibilities
To join the team of engineers, they are searching for expertise in data science, software engineering, product design, product management, and user experience (UX) who are passionate about applying their knowledge to make sure Veterans and their families receive seamless care and services.
In addition to advocating for veterans’ needs and ensuring that the Department of Veterans Affairs can offer services like home loans, healthcare, and the G.I. Bill, our technologists also work on developing cutting-edge technologies.
They fervently urge people of color, LGBTQ+ persons, women, minorities, people with disabilities, those affected by the system, veterans, and people of all ages to apply because we are dedicated to assembling a team that represents the communities we serve.
To Know More In Detail About The Job, Click Here