DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS Job Openings Remote Online For IT Project Manager [End Date Dec 29, 2023]
The date of this announcement’s closure is December 29, 2023. January 20, 2023, OR the moment the first 100 applications are received, whichever comes first, is the deadline. Not every application may be given consideration because of the possibility of a large number of submissions.
Following the first deadline, applications will be evaluated in chronological order, with a review occurring in increments of 100 upon receipt of a request to fill a vacancy.
It should be noted that submitting more than one application will cause the order in which it is reviewed to alter.
The choosing authority will receive applications from competent candidates for consideration. The requirement for hiring inside the company will dictate which other candidates are recommended. If we fill every position or if an application is referred, applicants will be informed of the status of their application.
The following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles are largely aligned with this position.
- NCWF Code 801 – Program Manager
- NCWF Code 802 – IT Project Manager
- NCWF Code 803 – Product Support Manager
Job Openings Remote Online For IT Project Manager 2023 Overview
|Organization||DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS|
|Post Name||IT Project Manager|
|Pay Scale & Grade||GS 13|
|Application Opening Date||Jan 17, 2023, 11:59:00 PM|
|Application End Date||Dec 29, 2023, 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary Range||$84,546 – $109,908 per year|
|Work Schedule||Full Time|
|Job Location||Anywhere in the U.S. (Remote Job)|
|Telework Eligible||Not applicable, this is a remote position|
|Relocation Expenses Reimbursed||No|
|Travel Required||Occasional Travel – You may be expected to travel for this position|
Salary Range: $84,546 – $109,908 per year
The GS base rate is reflected in the wage range that is provided (without including locale). The location will be taken into account when determining the remuneration.
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Duty Location Status: Will work remotely from home location
- Post Name/ Position Description Title/ PD#: IT Project Manager/ PD19498A
- Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
- Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- Physical Requirements: Although mostly sedentary, the work may include a little amount of physical effort.
Responsibilities and Duties
To expand the team of technologists, the department is seeking expertise in data science, software engineering, product design, product management, and user experience (UX) who are passionate about applying their knowledge to guarantee that Veterans and their families receive seamless care and services.
Their technicians support the advancement of technology, speak up for the concerns of veterans, and make sure the Department of Veterans Affairs is able to offer healthcare, home loans, G.I. Bill benefits, and other services to veterans.
They firmly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ persons, women, minorities, people with disabilities, people who have been impacted by the system, veterans, and people of all ages to apply because they are dedicated to creating a team that reflects the communities we serve.
Technologists will be appointed to positions in the Software Product Management (SPM) or Chief Technology Officer (CTO) offices if they are chosen. You will be working on a broad range of projects at OIT that are pertinent to your particular field of expertise. Among the possible projects are:
- collaborating in small, interdisciplinary teams with financial, educational, and healthcare experts to carry out technical investigative studies for initiatives that have an impact on millions of veterans.
- Examining computer models that financial companies use to determine the benefits that veterans and their families qualify for
- For example, health insurance, mortgage protection, and schooling advantages
investigate the potential applications of electronic health data to improve veteran care and services.
- Foreseeing hazards and responding quickly to assist Veterans in the event that IT systems malfunction.
Requirements & Conditions of Employment
- To apply for this job, you must be a U.S. citizen.
- Pending the completion of a suitability and background check
- Could go through a probationary period
- Specialized Services Males born after December 31, 1959, must register.
- A full application bundle, including transcripts and a resume
- The chosen candidates will have to finish an online onboarding procedure.
When a request is received to fill a vacancy, candidates must fulfill all conditions in order to be considered for this role.
Experience: Experience must be relevant to IT; it can be proven through paid or unpaid work experience, as well as the successful completion of specialized, in-depth training (such as an IT certification), if necessary. Candidates must possess experience in all four of the following IT-related competencies in order to be considered for any post.
Based on the needs of the post being filled, the employing agency is in charge of determining the precise degree of proficiency needed for each competency at each grade level.
Attention to Detail: Pays careful attention to details and is meticulous in their work.
Customer service – Assesses the needs of clients and customers (i.e., anyone who uses or receives the services or products that your work unit produces, including members of the general public, employees of the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government), offers information or assistance, helps to solve problems, or meets expectations; is aware of the products and services that are offered; and is dedicated to producing high-quality goods.
Oral Communication: This skill involves clearly and persuasively presenting information orally, listening to others, observing nonverbal cues, and responding appropriately. It also involves effectively communicating ideas or facts to individuals or groups while considering the audience and type of information (e.g., technical, sensitive, controversial).
Problem-solving involves identifying issues, assessing the veracity and applicability of information, applying good judgment to produce and assess potential solutions, and formulating suggestions.
Specialized Experience: According to the organization’s regular path of advancement for the position, you must have completed a year of specialized experience that is at least equal to the next lower grade, GS-12. Experience managing IT projects, helping with the management of hires, staffing, and budgets, and utilizing Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and Lean principles to create processes, procedures, and practices that support IT products and IT business requirements is referred to as specialized experience.
Usually, one obtains this kind of experience working in the IT industry or doing tasks where information technology is the main focus.
Essential Document Requirements
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Disability Letter (VA)
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
To Know More In Detail, Click Here