General Trades Tech 3 Recruitment – North Region [USA Jobs] End Date Nov 7, 2023
Location: Georgia, Dekalb, Atlanta
Corrections, Georgia Department of – GDC
General Trades Tech 3 Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Number of Openings||1|
|Salary||$42,387.99 per year, [$20.38/hr]|
|Work Schedule||Day Shift|
|Internal Contact Name||Kalee A Hall|
|Internal Contact Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Application End Date||Nov 7, 2023|
Performs a range of semiskilled and skilled building trades labor under general supervision in order to maintain, build, or repair state buildings and associated structures.
Installs and maintains security, climate control, and other facilities systems.
Job Highlights and Responsibilities
- A 24-hour on-call schedule may be necessary for the job.
- Need less supervision when performing job duties. serves as a resource for the company or a job specialist in the given areas.
- May direct or supervise the work of others.
- Assembles, installs, and/or fixes plumbing, machinery, electrical, and electronic components, as well as wiring.
- Follows laws and regulations when handling dangerous items. installs, maintains, assesses, and repairs any system components.
- Operates plant equipment and building automation systems.
- Handles tools and equipment for the trades; helps to keep an accurate inventory of all supplies and gear.
- Performs expert and basic carpentry, painting, and roofing chores.
- Carries out general upkeep and repairs on machinery and infrastructure.
- Performs regular preventative maintenance to make sure that equipment runs smoothly and effectively and that the buildings’ physical condition does not deteriorate.
- Reads makes use of blueprints, plans, drawings, and sketches to identify the tasks to be carried out and the materials needed.
- Constructs new facilities or renovate old ones.
- Repairs and performs maintenance on plumbing fixtures, lighting, air vents, and air conditioning units and facilities.
- wears protective gear and complies with all safety guidelines.
– One or more years of experience in industrial/ commercial plumbing repairs.
– This position requires travel across the North Region.
– Candidates must live in or be willing to relocate to the North Georgia area.
GED or high school diploma AND three years of experience in building maintenance and repairs or in the assigned area OR two years of General Trades Tech 2 (FET031) or a position equivalent at the entry level.
Note: Some positions may require area-specific certifications/licenses.